Dr Renu Chugh
Professor & Former Head
Department of Mathematics
M. D. University, Rohtak
Telephone: (M) +91-9991132199, +91-9215843233
Academic Experience: Research : 32 years Teaching : 29 years
Date of Birth: 08-12-1962
Research Publications: Refereed/Peer reviewed Journals : 153
Conference/ Seminar Proceedings: 10
Research Guidance: Ph. D students supervised : 21(11 Females out of 21)
Ph. D. Students Supervising: 08
M. Phil. Students Supervised : 30
· Selected as one of #100 Women Achievers of India in the category of education by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
· Chairperson of the Committee to check the Menace of Sexual Harassment and Violence against Women at Workplace M. D. University, Rohtak, w.e.f.01-01-2015 (www.mdu.ac.in : Link Anti Sexual Harassment Cell).
· Selected amongst 100 Women Mathematicians from all over the World to receive Travel Grant from Organizers of (ICM-2014) International Congress of Mathematicians at Seoul, South Korea.
· Head, Department of Mathematics, M. D. University, Rohtak (01-05-2010 to 30-04-2013) (www.mdu.ac.in).
Organised ( 2006 to 2015)
· Convenor, Blood and Eye Donation Camp in the Department of Mathematics, M. D. University on 28-02-2011 to celebrate National Science Day. 128 units of blood was collected in the camp. An appreciation certificate was received for organizing the camp from PGIMS, Rohtak and Red Cross Society.
· Convenor, Workshop on “Sexual Harassment and Violence against Women: Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal” in M. D. University, Rohtak (26-02-15 and 17-03-15). https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maharshi-Dayanand-University-Rohtak
· Convenor, International Conference on History and Development of Mathematical Sciences(ICHDMS-2012) , Department of Mathematics, M. D. University, Rohtak in collaboration with "Indian Society for History of Mathematics". (21-11-12 to 24-11-12).http://indshm.azurewebsites.net/
- Organizing Secretary, National Conference on History of Mathematics and Recent Developments, Department of Mathematics, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, (20-12-06 to 22-12-06).
Research Grants: *Co-ordinator, (DRS-I, Department of Mathematics) under Special Assistance Program of University Grants Commission.
*Principal Investigator of Major Research Project of UGC for 3 years (2011-14) (Rs. 10,87,000/-).
· Member, Editorial Board of various journals and societies.
· Reviewer of various prestigious journals such as Mathematical Reviews and Zentralblatt.
Delivered Talks/Lectures in Schools/ Colleges/Universities/Conferences/
Refresher Courses/Radio Station/Local TV Channel
· Delivered Keynote address and lectures in various National and International Conferences, Refresher courses in Colleges/Universities.
· Participated in International Congress of Women Mathematicians -2014 at Coex, Seoul, Korea on August, 14, 2014.
· Selected amongst 100 Women Mathematicians from all over the World to Receive Travel Grant from Organizers of ICM-2014. Attended & presented research paper entitled “A new approach to study the variants of Cantor sets” in International Congress of Mathematicians - 2014 at Coex, Seoul, Korea from August, 13-21, 2014 (http://www.icm2014.org/).
- Presented Research paper in The World Congress on Engineering, London, U.K. (30-06-10 to 02-07-10) http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2010.
· Delivered extension lectures in Various Schools, Colleges & Universities to create awareness about Mathematics.
· Delivered talks on All India Radio Rohtak Station, Rohtak and local TV channel to create awareness regarding Gender Sensitization & Sexual Harassment and Violence against Women.
Professional Activities & Committees
· Appointed as an expert in various Expert committees towards the evaluation and assessment of the research papers submitted by college Teachers concerning travel assistance to attend International Conferences abroad by University Grants Commission.
· Appointed as an expert member of assessment/ review committee for final review of the Special Assistance Programme (SAP) at the level of DSA, Phase- IV of Department of Mathematics, Pune University, Pune by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as UGC observer by University Grants Commission in various selection committees for promotion from Reader to Professor under Career Advancement Scheme.
- Appointed as a subject expert member of the expert committee to select candidates under the scheme for post doctoral fellowship for SC/ST by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as a subject expert member, NET Review Committee by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as a member of the expert committee to evaluate their performance and academic autonomous status to Christian Eminent Academy of Management, Professional Education and Research, Indore (MP) by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as a member of the subject expert committee for screening the proposals under innovative program by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as an expert member to assess the performance of Shree Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra during X plan and to evaluate its requirement for XI plan by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as a member expert committee for the evaluation of proposals from college teachers for undertaking Minor Research project at Kolkata and Delhi by University Grants Commission.
- Appointed as a member of expert committee to examine the proposals received from the Colleges affiliated to University of Delhi to seek financial assistance from UGC to organize Seminars/Workshops/Conferences as per UGC XI plan Guidelines of the Scheme by University Grants Commission.
· Member, M.D. University Court w.e.f. 31-7-2015.
· Member, Anti Ragging Committee, M. D. University (2015-16).
· Member, Managing committee of University Campus School (2015-16).
· Member, Admission Committee, M. D. University. (2012-14).
· Member, Board of Residence, Health and Discipline. M. D. University, Rohtak.
- Convener and Member, UMC Committee, M. D. University for the sessions 2001-2002, 2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2014-15.
· Member, Alumni Advisory Committee, M. D. University.
- Member, Local Programme Planning and Management Committee (LPPMC) for the Human Resource Development Centre of Delhi University.
· Chairperson and Member of various selection committees/ Inspection committees for selection of Teachers and inspection of various colleges of M. D. Universities.
· Member of UG/PG Board of Studies of various Universities.
· Member, Executive Council of Indian Society for History of Mathematics (2006- till date).