Dr. Prerna Kohli is a wellness specialist. Her unique specialization lies in combining professional psychological practice with pscho-spiritual techniques for providing counseling for holistic and integrated wellness. With her sensitive and empathetic approach, she has helped save thousands of lives, thousands of relationships to sustain and dozens of organizations improve their employee wellness and productivity. Long before people in India started to discuss the connection between the mind and body, Dr. Prerna Kohli was conducting workshops and counseling sessions in this domain. Through her healing techniques and positive philosophy, thousands have learned how to create more of what they want in their lives, including more wellness in their bodies, minds, and spirits.She carries her passion of wellness to the social sector as well as brings these skills into the policy advocacy platforms of the government. Dr. Kohli’s mission is to create abundance of wellness for people on the planet.
Dr. Prerna Kohli’s body of work is based on the fundamental principle that by increasing one’s self-awareness through therapy which brings about conscious change in your life, you can achieve authentic happiness, greater creativity and deeper intimacy. She offers holistic solutions for mental, physical and emotional wellbeing that help create positive personal power and the feeling of being in control. Her approach is based on the foundation of participation in the healing process compassionately with the sustained belief that each person can find his or her own way to meet life's challenges and changes bravely, joyfully and constructively. Therefore, psycho-somatic, psychodynamic, and psycho-spiritual tools and techniques form an important part of her practice.
Besides her work with individual/family clients, Dr. Kohli also works with a large number of business/non-business organizations offering transformational workshops on subjects ranging from organizational leadership and soft skills to organizational behavior modification, collective intelligence enhancement, group identities and organizational behavior etc.
Dr. Kohli did her Master’s in Psychology followed by an M.Phil in M Phil in Clinical on Social & Environmental Factors of Depression in Children and Adolescents. She then completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology on the subject of attitudes towards life in relation to social and personality variables amongst alcoholics.She is Certified Teacher Trainer with “Louise Hayes’ Heal Your Life”, certified Advance DNA1 Theta Healer, and a certified “Organization Development Alternatives (ODA)” Executive Life Coach and Hypnotist.
Dr Kohli has beena practicing Clinical Psychologist since 1993 provide counseling to individuals, couples, families, adolescents and children. She specializes in Life Skills Coaching, Relationship Counseling, Psycho-spiritual Healing, Personality Development, Substance Abuse, Effective Parenting / Family Therapy. Her clients are located all over the world and she is one of the few psychologists of India who also provides counseling services over telephone, internet and interactive platforms like SMS, Whatsapp etc. besides personal one-to-one sessions.
Dr Kohli also provides group counseling to corporate entities in the form of workshops and training session. She has delivered over 300 person days of workshops covering diverse subjects like Building a Positive Group Attitude, Winning Strategies for Success, Motivation and Personality Development for increased employee productivity, Goal Setting, Values and Vision, Time Management, Communication Skills, Leadership&Mentoring, Work Ethics and Professionalism, Importance of Grooming etc.
Besides being a psychologist and a corporate counselor, she has been a Consulting Advisor to a Global Wellness Company based out of NCR since 2000. She has been steering the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Customer Care Verticals. She is also the key trainer of the company. She has established the Finishing School & Vocational Training Institute of the Company which is now one of the key partners of the Ministry of Skill Development, Government of India in the skill development sector.
Dr Kohli has also been the Head for CII Committee on Core Issues of Women dealing with Vocational Skills Training, Gender Issues and Foeticide. She is the Member of Censor Board, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India and the Mind Trainer for the Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council set up by the Ministry of Skill Development and the National Skill Development Council. She was also the independent expert on the Committee on Junk Food set up by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Besides being a professional psychologist and a corporate Advisor, Dr Kohli has been contributing a lot of time to socially oriented organizations in various capacities, from being a founder to being a fund raiser. Her main focus is on the disadvantaged persons including children. Some of the initiatives where she has been associated include:
• Khushii – an NGO promoted by world renowned cricketer Mr. KapilDev, focused on working for the up-liftment of poor and destitute communities in both rural and urban areas in India.
• Amar Jyoti – an NGO by Padmashri Mrs. Uma Tuli, is a voluntary organization rendering rehabilitative services to persons with disabilities through a holistic approach of inclusive education, medical care, vocational training, child guidance and self-employment.
• Tamanna – an NGO by Padma Shri Dr. (Mrs.) Shyama Chona is a non-profit voluntary organization registered in March 1984, created solely with the purpose of helping autisim
• NavJyoti – an NGO by Dr. KiranBedi is a non-profit voluntary created to mobilize and harness the power of children, youth, women and people at large to approach illiteracy, gender discrimination and the evil of drug addiction with an ultimate aim of crime prevention and inclusive socio-economic development.
• HelpAge India is a leading charity platform in India working with and for disadvantaged elderly and has become the representative voice for India’s elderly.
• The Ila Trust was founded byReeta Devi who began working with Mother Teresa, focused on medical issues of the underprivileged.
• I-am-Gurgaon, an initiative aimed at awakening a responsible, aware and vigilant populace in order to make Gurgaon, a better place to live in.